Saturday 7 September 2013

Day 14 (some improvement)

Not even a fortnight left now!!! I squandered more than half of the day sleeping or loitering around. Still I managed to read Spleen and Appendix, in bits and pieces or rather somewhat large chunks, though not as it is supposed to be. But then I did begin somewhere. And it is a good sign. Sort of. Anyways now its only 13 days left. So it just comes down to the same old technique. Reading only the questions asked in the last few years or rather in the entire history of my department, which is exactly a decade this year. So now its 6 days left for GIT and from it I have roughly finished Stomach, Esophagus, Appendix, Spleen, Hernias and Pancreas. Roughly, pay attention to that. Still I have  another half of the GIT remaining. Now I am confused. Should I randomly go reading topics as they appear in the ol' papers? Or sort out the questions according to the chapters and then read the question chapter wise? (the latter is more time consuming) So basically I am the cross roads. I guess, let tomorrow decide. And all those detailed things I can prepare before practicals. Last time too, I had exactly 9 days before my practical exam, but I thoroughly wasted the first 5 days. This time I am hoping not to repeat the mistakes I made last time.

Food wise, it was a sensible day according to the nature of the foods that I ate, but not according to portion of each meal. Now I need to work on reducing my potions.
Also I need to cut back on my caffeine. Normally I don't touch tea or coffee or colas or any other form of caffeine. But come exams, and I guzzle down coffee like a camel drinks water. I need to reduce my coffee intake. Normally during the rest of the year I cant fall asleep easily, but during exam time I feel so sleepy, I can doze off at the drop of a hat! I feel lethargic and tired and have such wonderful dreams. I actually spin stories in my dreams, i have full control of what is going on in my dreams. It is such a beautiful feeling. Rest of the year, I keep having nightmares.
Coming back to the fat fighting, I can feel or rather now see in the mirror that my tummy has started to bulge out again, specially the tires just below my waist, the love handles i guess and they are just so prominent, they give me an unmanly appearance;I kinda appear curvy! That is disgusting, I just hate to see myself in the mirror. I can still fit into my old pair of jeans though which are of the waist 36( I tried them out today) and that's some good news that things have not gone as bad as they were before, since I have stopped working out due to the exam charade. It is sort of a silver lining among the clouds of gloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment